A new over-the-air update for the latest CyanogenMod 11S build is now seeding for the OnePlus One smartphone.
The announcement has been made by forum administrator, David S, who states the new CyanogenMod firmware, XNPH38R, improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen, brings a new lockscreen and the ability to take photos in RAW format.
Carrying build number, KTU84Q, the new update enhances the audio capabilities of the smartphone and allows playing of high resolution music - 24 bit, 96/192khz-flac/alac/wav files - without resampling. It adds ANT+ support for connecting health accessories and addresses a number of bug issues. Here is the slew of fixes and features in the XNPH38R build.
- Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen
- Added pause button during video recording
- Improved battery life
- Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in 'auto'
- Fixed issues with '4G Preferred' option not connecting to 3G data
- Fixed issues with delay in torch activation
- Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot
- Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in
- Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly
- Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month
- Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on
- Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection
Senior XDA member, jaggyjags has shared the OTA download link for the XNPH38R firmware. Interested users who wish to install the firmware manually using the zip files, may follow the installation guide below (courtesy of AndroidPolice).
To install the XNPH38R update, the device should be on the previous XNPH33R firmware version.
How to install XNPH38R OTA update on OnePlus One
Step-1: Download XNPH38R OTA update for OnePlus One to the computer
- Note: If the device has a custom recovery, then copy the firmware zip file to the device, reboot it into recovery and flash the firmware file directly.
- If the device has a stock recovery, then do the following,
Step-2: Reboot the phone and hold Volume Down button while it is booting up. When the fastboot menu and the word Start appears on the screen, press Volume Up button for a few times until the Recovery option is seen. Now press Power button to enter recovery mode
- You should see an Android with a red exclamation point. Now press Volume Up and Power buttons together, a menu should now appear
- Select the second option which says, apply update adb
Step-3: Connect the OnePlus One to the computer using USB cable
- Ensure that you have the latest version of adb that supports the sideload command. Download the Android SDK to get the latest adb
- Keep the downloaded file on the computer and open a command prompt in the same directory as the zip file
- Now type in the following command
- adb sideload cm-bacon-3628510d76-to-ac1ccf7921-signed.zip
- The sidebar should now go up to 100%. The device should have now started installing the update
Step-4: Once the installation is completed, reboot the phone
The OnePlus One should now be updated with new XNPH38R firmware.