Samsung has begun rolling out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with base firmware XXUBMC2 for Galaxy Chat (B5330), which was first shipped with Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) version. The update is currently available in Spain and can be installed using Samsung Kies or via Over-The-Air (OTA).
The Android 4.1.2 update for Galaxy Chat is a major update over the ICS software and brings an array of new features such as Google Now, smoother and faster user interface (UI), enhanced notification panel with editable toggle shortcuts, Page Buddy.
The XXUBMC2 Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any Galaxy Chat with model number B5330 and that the device should not be locked to a particular network operator.
Android version: 4.1.2
Galaxy Chat users who wish to update their handsets with Android 4.1.2 XXUBMC2 Jelly Bean may follow our step-by-step guide below.
IBTImes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before proceeding users are advised to ensure that their devices meet below mentioned requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Chat on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Make back-up for all the data of the phone.
4) Verify that the battery of the phone has at least 80 per cent of charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) The XXUBMC2 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330; flashing this incorrect variant will brick the device.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXUBMC2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330
1) Download Android 4.1.2 B5330XXUBMC2 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy Chat on the computer
2) Download Odin3.07
3) Switch off the Galaxy Chat and boot the device in to Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds. When the warning screen appears, press the Volume Down button to enter the Download Mode
4) Launch Odin from the extracted folder
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until the ID: COM port at Odin turns blue
6) In Odin select these files, extracted from XXUBMC2 folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select the file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options in Odin are checked
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation. The firmware installation process will begin now and will take about a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, a PASS message will appear on the screen. The device will reboot then. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone and wait until it boots up successfully
Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 should be now running on Android 4.1.2 XXUBMC2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>>About Phone to verify the software version of the phone.