An official build, with base firmware XXUAMH1, is rolling for the LTE version of Galaxy Mega 6.3 with model number GT-I9205. The update is based on Android 4.2.2 and is expected to bring bug fixes and improvements along with it.
The update is currently rolling out in Finland. Users can download the firmware through Samsung Kies utility or search the firmware through OTA update feature from Settings>> About phone>> Software Update.
Those who failed to install XXUAMH1 Android 4.2.2 using official method for being region-specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually. As the official build is an unbranded version of firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked GT-I9205 unit regardless of country or region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Galaxy Mega 6.3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and check USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The battery of Galaxy Mega should have above 80% charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP which will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) XXUAMH1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware works only on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Steps to install XXUAMH1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205
Step-1: Download XXUAMH1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official update for Galaxy Mega 6.3 to computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files
Step-4: Switch off the Galaxy Mega and wait for five to six seconds for the vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator [To do so right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the Galaxy Mega to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select the files extracted from I9205XXUAMH1 folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-9: Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. But uncheck the Re-Partition option; select it only when a .pit file is being used
Step-10: When everything is set, hit the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes to complete
Step-11: Once the installation process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically. Also, the successful installation will be indicated by a PASS message with green background in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE should be now updated with XXUMAH1 Android 4.2.2 official build. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version running on the device.
How to fix bootloop issue
Sometimes the Galaxy mega 6.3 gets stuck at booting animation or Samsung logo (after step-11). If this happens then place the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset. Then select Wipe Cache Partition and once the action is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. It should be noted that performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Droid Fimrwares]