A new custom ROM known as SnapBlack has been updated to Android 4.1.2 firmware and released for the Galaxy Nexus i9250. The device should be rooted and ClockworkMod (CWM) installed. Android 4.1.2 has now been ported to a plethora of devices. Galaxy Nexus users can update their smartphone with the Android 4.1.2 SnapBlack JZO54K custom ROM.
The ROM features AOKP and CM sources, faux kernel v021, system optimisation, Theme chooser and more.
Disclaimer: IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Interested users are advised to proceed with the method at their own risk.
- The method will erase all data in the device. To avoid data loss, make sure you back up all data
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- The device's battery should have at least 80 per cent charge
- Uninstall all the antivirus tools since it could interrupt the update process
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM
Follow the procedure below to update Galaxy Nexus i9250 with 4.1.2 SnapBlack JZO54K Jelly Bean Custom ROM:
- Download Galaxy Nexus i9250 with 4.1.2 SnapBlack JZO54K Jelly Bean Custom ROM and Google Apps package to your PC. Once you download, connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy the downloaded files to your device
- Unplug the device from the PC and switch off the phone so that the device can be entered into recovery mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down keys, while doing so turn on the device
- Choose Bootloader and go to recovery
- In CWM recovery, wipe the data and scroll to flash zip from sd card
- Select choose zip from sd card and then select the ROM firmware and Gapps package
- Repeat the step for Gapps as well
- After installing the file, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now. The phone will start booting
Your Galaxy Nexus i9250 should now be running the latest 4.1.2 SnapBlack JZO54K Jelly Bean Custom ROM
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]