The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software upgrade is now rolling out for the LTE variants of the third generation Galaxy S smartphone with model number GT-I9305, which runs the older Android version 4.1.2. The stock firmware brings an array of new features including Knox and other performance improvements.
Click here to know more about new features and changes in Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S3 LTE.
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: 28 November
Product code: DBT
The Android 4.3 update with base firmware I9305XXUEMKC is available for Galaxy S3 LTE users in Germany. The update can be installed through Samsung Kies utility service as well as via OTA update.
Those who have not received the official Android 4.3 firmware yet and wish to install the update manually on their devices may follow our step-by-step guide. The I9305XXUEMKC is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked I9305 unit, regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) XXUEMKC Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware works only on the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install I9305XXUEMKC Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 LTE
Step-1: Download XXUEMKC Android 4.3 Jelly Beanfor Galaxy S3 LTE to computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with some other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe
Step-4: Switch off Galaxy S3 and wait for five to six seconds for the vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Place the phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator [To do so right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select these files extracted from I9305XXUEMKC folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-9: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option and select it only when a .pit file is used
Step-10: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The Galaxy S3 LTE should now be updated with I9305XXUEMKCAndroid 4.3 Jelly Bean stock firmware. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the handset.
How to fix bootloop issue
After flashing the firmware, if the Galaxy S3 comes across any issues such as boot animation or bootloop (after step-11) then place the device in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. Now, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Honai of Android]