A new stock firmware build N9005XXUGNJ2 is available to download for the LTE variant of Galaxy Note 3 with model number SM-N9005. The update is based on older Android 4.4.2 KitKat version and is one among those maintenance update released by Samsung, which can be installed via OTA as well as Kies server.
The update is currently live for the Note 3 LTE users in UAE. If you have an unlocked SM-N9005 model and wish to keep your devices updated with the stock firmware until Samsung releases Android 5.0 Lollipop, check out the following installation guide. The N9005XXUGNJ2 build is an unbranded firmware and can be installed on any unlocked SM-N9005 unit.
- Model: SM-N9005
- Model name: Galaxy Note 3 LTE
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1955971
- Build date: 28 October
- Product Code: XSI
- PDA: N9005XXUGNJ2
- CSC: N9005OJVGNH2
- MODEM: N9005XXUGNG1
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S5 should have above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- N9005XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware works only with LTE version of Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install N9005XXUGNJ2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip file using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Switch off the Galaxy Note 3
Step-4: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that Galaxy Note 3 USB drivers are installed on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odin as Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy Note 3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition option is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
The Galaxy Note 3 should now be updated with the new N9005XXUFNF4 stock firmware build. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new firmware version of the device.