James Corden fought back the tears after being awarded the Tony Award for the Best Actor in a Play.
The 33-year-old former Gavin and Stacey star beat Philip Seymour Hoffman, James Earl Jones, Frank Langella and John Lithgow to walk away with the coveted prize.
He won it for his performance in the Broadway production of One Man, Two Guvnors.
Corden revealed that he was overwhelmed as he delivered his emotional acceptance speech at the Beacon Theatre in New York.
He told the audience: "John Lithgow and James Earl Jones and Frank Langella - and my favourite actor in the world, Philip Seymour Hoffman - to be on a list with you was enough, and holding this honestly just reminds me there is no such thing as 'best'.
"Honestly, I am overwhelmed."
He also paid an emotional tribute to his girlfriend Julia Carey, who recently gave birth to their son.
He said: "My girlfriend Julia gave birth to our son like, five days before we started rehearsals.
"She's my baby mama, and I can't wait to marry her. Seriously, I would not be holding this if it wasn't for her.
"She makes me say 'us' instead of 'I' and 'we' instead of 'me', and I love her. Thank you very much."
IBTimes UK recaps some of the most emotional acceptance speeches in celebrity history
1. James Corden wins at 2012 Tony Award for Best Actor
2. Halle Berry Wins Best Actress Oscar for Monster's Ball
3. Beyonce receives lifetime achievement award at 2011 Billboard Awards
4. Jamie Foxx wins Best Actor Oscar for Ray
5. Paris and Prince Jackson accept lifetime achievement Grammy on behalf of their late father Michael Jackson
6. Chris Colfer (Glee) accepts Golden Globe for best performance by an actor in a supporting role