Dale 'Deezy' Gordon - rapper
Aspiring rapper and singer Dale Gordon was attacked last Saturday by two men and later died Source: 'RIP Dale Gordon - Deezy' Facebook page

Police are appealing for information after a 20-year-old man was murdered in a fight in Greater Manchester.

Aspiring rapper and singer Dale 'Deezy' Gordon was repeatedly kicked and punched during a fight with two men in Netherbury Street in Gorton, near Manchester, last Saturday.

Residents called the police after finding Gordon collapsed in the street. He later died in hospital.

Gordon's distraught family have released an emotional statement paying him tribute. His sister Rebekah said: "I love you with all my heart baby brother. The pain I feel will never go away."

And his mother Lynn added: "From the day he was born he was born a star. My star. He hummed until he was old enough to sing and never stopped singing. He will be forever singing in our hearts. This has left us completely devastated. Our hearts are empty."

Police are still hunting two men following the attack last Saturday.

According to the Manchester Evening News, Gordon's two attackers left in a grey or silver car, possibly a hatchback. One had dark skin, was 6ft with athletic build and in his mid-20s. He was wearing a grey hoodie with a darker hoodie over the top. He wore both of the hoods up, possibly with something red underneath. The second man was black, 6ft, in his mid-20s and was wearing a dark coloured top.

Detective Sergeant Andy Peach, from the Greater Manchester Police's Major Incident Team, said: "Our thoughts remain with the family of Dale Gordon, who are understandably distraught. It is still unclear why Dale was on Netherbury Close that night and at this stage we still do not know the motive for his death."

Police are now investigating whether Gordon's past may have been a factor in his murder. Earlier this year he had been named in Greater Manchester Police's "most wanted" list for his involvement in an assault and was facing trial for two robberies.

Greater Manchester Police say a 31-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed until 7 January pending further inquiries.