Honda rider Marc Marquez took his sixth pole of the season for the 2014 Italian MotoGP Grand Prix as the defending champions was the fastest during Saturday's qualifying at the Mugello Circuit.
Where to Watch Live
Live coverage of the race for the Italian Grand Prix starts at 11:15pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Marquez failed to complete a lap time on Friday's second practice session, as bad weather during the Free Practice 2 saw only four riders complete a lap time. However, the qualifying session did not see the riders face much trouble.
The 21-year-old Honda rider clocked a time of 1:47.270s to take his sixth consecutive pole and his seventh grid spot, including one in Valencia last year. He is on the verge of registering his sixth straight win of this season and that would make his position much stronger in retaining the world champion title.
Meanwhile, Pramac's Andrea Iannone was 0.180s behind Marquez in the second spot, while Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo was third. It is the latter's third front row start of this season. Honda's Dani Pedrosa is fourth with a time of 1:47.584s.
Britain star and Ducati rider Cal Crutchlow is sixth, while his compatriot and Tech 3 rider Bradley Smith is seventh after clocking 1:47.659s. Yamaha's Valentino Rossi managed to finish in the top 10 as he will start Sunday's race from the 10th spot.
Top 10 MotoGP Qualifying Times from Mugello Circuit:
1. Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:47.270s
2. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Pramac 1:47.450s
3. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:47.521s
4. Dani Pedrosa (ESP) Honda 1:47.584s
5. Pol Espargaro (ESP) Tech 3 1:47.612s
6. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Ducati 1:47.659s
7. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:47.681s
8. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:47.754s
9. Stefan Bradl (GER) LCR 1:47.765s
10. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:47.791s