OnePlus has started seeding OxygenOS 3.1.0 community preview based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for OnePlus X users, the company has announced. Even though OnePlus X was released post Android Marshmallow's release last year, it has taken the company a long time to finally roll out the OxygenOS 3.1.0 build for the device which is OnePlus's customised take on Android 6.0.
In addition to Android 6.0 Marshmallow features, the latest update has brought some particular upgrades, fixes and improvements for the OnePlus X. They are listed below as stated by the company:
Launcher upgrades : New icon packs, Google search bar UI customisation, new wallpaper picker
- Shelf UX improvements: Long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvement
- Settings changes: New (native Android) app permissions, new Alert Slider settings with more customisation options
- New apps: OnePlus Music Player, OnePlus Gallery
- August 1 security patches for Android
Despite this community preview build, users may face some known problems that have also been listed by OnePlus:
- Mobile network stability issues in some regions
- Some 3rd party apps may experience some compatibility issues
- Language localisation
Remember that this preview build is available only for a limited period and OnePlus will disable the link in a few days depending on the feedback. So those who want a taste of the latest build of Oxygen OS should download the update as soon as possible. A final build should roll out in some weeks depending on the feedback from this build.
As Google is expected to release the Android 7.0 Nougat OS next month, manufacturers like Oneplus are making sure that all of their devices are updated with Marshmallow-based builds before they can roll out a build based on Android N.