OnePlus has started seeding the community build for OxygenOS 3.5.3 to OnePlus 3 users. The rollout comes at the same time when the OnePlus X is finally receiving the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.
The company recommends backing up all personal data before installing these builds. OnePlus introduced community builds a few months back to give its users an opportunity to try its OS changes and giver their feedback. These builds are similar to beta builds for iOS or developer previews for Android OS versions.
- The AOSP clock can be now used as the default clock
- Preinstalled apps, like FileManager, Weather, Recorder, MusicPlayer can be uninstalled
- Now save a longer screenshot of a scrollable page to cover the full content
- A cellular data firewall has been added to control permissions for apps to to use cellular network or WiFi
- "Favourite contact setting" has been added in Priority mode
- Setting menu has got some adjustments like an added option to vibrate phone when receiving SMS
- Contacts UI has been redesigned
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Those who are already on OxygenOS and using the original OnePlus 3 Oxygen Recovery should be able to download this build without any worries. If you are on any other ROM, this build has not been tested so be wary of downloading it. Also those with fixed community builds on their handsets cannot flash back to official build issue.