OnePlus has started seeding its latest community build OxygenOS 3.5.5 to OnePlus 3 users. The latest update, however, still has no trace of Android 7.0 Nougat and is once again based on Android Marshmallow.
For those possessing a OnePlus 3 and wanting to download the build there are two ways to go about it. If you are already running a previous OnePlus beta build, you will receive the new update over-the-air (OTA). In case you are new to the community build programme by OnePlus and do not have any beta build on your device, you can download the latest update from the OnePlus page here.
The company has also released a detailed changelog of the features and improvements made through the update, many of which have been incorporated by assessing the feedback from the OxygenOS 3.5.4 open beta update. The major changes are stated as below:
- OnePlus FileDash functionality has been added for convenient file transfers
- Users can now switch launcher layouts
- Integration of Google Map to share location details in messages
- The dialler UI has been redesigned
- Personalised ringtone information has been added in contact details
- Users can now view the entire call history of any selected contact
- The OnePlus Community App has been introduced
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes and improvements
Community builds released by OnePlus are still in the development stage, so expect bugs and lags to be there while operating your device. Also remember to manually (clean) flash back to OxygenOS official builds to continue receiving official OTAs.