Comedy queen Joan Rivers died at the age of 81 in New York. Her daughter Melissa Rivers confirmed the news and issued a statement.
The comedian-turned-fashion critic host stopped breathing due to a heart stroke while undergoing a throat surgery.
The Fashion Police host was on life support. "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers," the comedian's daughter said in her statement.
Fans and celebrities are mourning the death of the legendary comedian; however she will still make her presence felt with her funny quotes and jokes.
Rivers' humour touched every topic, including her sex-life, plastic surgery and the ongoing Israel-Palestinian conflict.
The actress even poked fun at her frenemies and colleagues.
Her 10 Funniest jokes.
1. "I hate thin people; 'Oh, does the tampon make me look fat?'"
2. I've had so much plastic surgery, when I die they will donate my body to Tupperware."
3. "Why should a woman cook? So her husband can say 'My wife makes a delicious cake' to some hooker?"
4. "I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was, 'The man goes on top and the woman underneath.' For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds."
5. "I'm no cook. When I want lemon on chicken, I spray it with Pledge."
6. "I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio."
7. "I wish I had a twin, so I could know what I'd look like without plastic surgery."
8. "You know why I feel older? I went to buy sexy underwear and they automatically gift wrapped it."
9. "I now consider it a good day when I don't step on my boobs."
10. "I must admit I am nervous about getting Alzheimer's. Once it hits, I might tell my best joke and never know it."
Her 10 best quotes:
1. "I succeeded by saying what everyone else is thinking."
2. "You know you're getting old when work is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work."
3. "Comediennes are the lucky ones, because if you're funny, you can be 125 years old and they will still accept you."
4. "Don't expect praise without envy -- until you're dead."
5. "I think anyone who's perfectly happy isn't particularly funny."
6. "I don't exercise. If God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds on the floor."
7. "I enjoy life when things are happening. I don't care if it's good things or bad things. That means you're alive. Things are happening."
8. "Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century."
9. "People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made."
10. "I am definitely going to watch the Emmys this year! My makeup team is nominated for 'Best Special Effects.'"