Former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury's return to boxing has been delayed once again after he missed his doping hearing with the UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) on Monday (11 December).

Fury has not fought since November 2015 when he caused a major upset by defeating Wladimir Klitschko in Germany to win the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight titles.

However, he had to relinquish his titles a year later and his boxing licence was revoked over a failed anti-doping test as well as his admission in September 2016 to using cocaine to deal with depression.

After multiple retirements, though, the "Gypsy King" is now prepared to return to the ring in 2018 as he is back in the gym training again and looks to shed the weight he has gained over the last year.

A return to the sport, however, hinged on Fury attending his hearing with the UKAD, as the panel was set to hear evidence for at least two days before coming to a decision which would take a couple of a weeks. According to the Guardian, while it was not mandatory for the 29-year-old to be present, he was expected to be there but failed to show up at the agency's London headquarters.

Members of the tribunal were reportedly sent home after 3pm, while reporters waited for six hours, but the UKAD did not officially state if the hearing had begun.

Meanwhile, the unbeaten Briton posted a video of him lip-syncing to a song on Instagram on Monday. Fury's camp has also not responded to queries regarding why he did not show up or whether he plans to do so on Tuesday (12 December).

Show me ❤️

A post shared by Tyson Fury (@gypsyking101) on

Fury has been targeting an April or May return and previously stated that he hoped the UKAD "do the right thing" by clearing him.

"Hopefully they will do the right thing. I want to get back out there. I know what the outcome should be," Fury said, as quoted in the Independent.

"End of April, early May. I will be ready by that time, fit and strong. The training plan is set up, so I will be ready by then."

Update: Fury has since accepted a backdated two-year suspension from the UKAD and will be free to resume his boxing career subject to him getting his licence back.