Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus, which recently launched the next-gen OnePlus 2 smartphone, has confirmed that another handset will be launched at the end of the year.
Speaking to USA Today, OnePlus' co-founder Carl Pei confirmed that the next OnePlus smartphone will be launched during Christmas. He also indicated that the handset may be an advanced version of the OnePlus 2 which itself is a next-gen variant of 2014's OnePlus One.
However, Carl Pei desisted from revealing other vital details about the yet-to-be-launched smartphone, such as its key technical specs or if the invite system would be applicable to procure the smartphone.
Currently, prospective buyers of OnePlus 2 are compulsorily required to go through OnePlus' invite system which is now said to be modified to enable more people to practically buy a OnePlus 2.
OnePlus 2 features key technical specs such as:
- 5.5in display, enclosed in the newer Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system, out of the box
- 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 1.8GHz quad-core Cortex-A57 CPUs within a Snapdragon 810 SoC
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 16GBG/64GB fixed internal storage variants
- LTE, HSPA, GSM, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 3,300 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery
- Price: £339 for 16GB and £399 for 64GB
To procure a OnePlus 2, potential buyers can navigate to OnePlus' official web-portal and key-in their e-mail ids in the exclusive reservation list, to stand a chance at obtaining an invite.