Keeping its promise to release monthly updates to enhance security, BlackBerry has announced the availability of the first software update for its Android-powered flagship, the Priv. Apart from the security improvements, the first maintenance release bundles productivity.
Make sure that you have at least 475MB free space to install the OTA. You should notice improvements in terms of stability and as well as performance once you update your BlackBerry Priv. Another key feature is faster camera app. Following is the detailed changelog;
• An improved camera: Implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.
• Better performance: Tweaked the PRIV's software to improve overall system performance
• Improved stability: The update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.
• Enhanced security: Lastly, the release includes December's security patches – rest easy knowing your device is protected against the latest Android security threats.
How to update
- Connect your phone to a stable Wi-Fi network t avoid unnecessary data charges
- Head over to the notification hub to see if you have received alert informing you of its availability. Alternatively, you can manually fetch the update by going to Settings -> About -> System Updates and tapping the "Check for Updates" button.
- Upon the completion of the process, restart your phone
You can also grab updates for BlackBerry Android apps such as keyboard, Blackberry hub, camera, and DTEK. The latest versions of each will be available through the Google Play Store on 14 December. Here are the improvements for the apps;
- Camera: Now supports 16:9 photos.
- Keyboard: Increased language support and emojis added to predictive typing.
- Hub & Contacts: Now includes WhatsApp.
- DTEK by BlackBerry: More notification options to alert you when apps use your info.