HTC' s Desire HD gets an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), thanks to efforts of the codefireX team for releasing the ROM. Although, HTC has reportedly not provided updates for the Desire HD, the developer community at XDA has developed the Jelly Bean ROM for the device.
It is said to be stable and can be used as a daily driver. All the features are reported to be working fine except Bluetooth that include storage, GPS, USB mount, camera, audio, Wi-Fi, radio, calls, mobile data, Wi-Fi tethering, button backlights, LEDs and more.
Users interested to install this ROM may check this tutorial. However, IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
To install codefireX Android 4.2.1 ROM on HTC Desire HD
- Download the latest version of the ROM from here
- Copy the zip file to the device's SD card and turn the device off
- Boot the device into Recovery mode (to do so, you need to boot the device into HBoot and then choose Recovery mode option)
- In Recovery mode, perform Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM
- Now, wipe cache and data from recovery mode. Go to Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card and then select the zip file that you have copied to the SD card in step 2
- Flash the zip file and go back to choose Reboot System Now so that the device will reboot
Congrats... your HTC Desire HD should now be running codefireX Android 4.2.1 ROM. To verify the build, browser to Settings > About phone.
[Information Courtesy: HackmyAndroid]