A construction worker has died while dismantling a movie set at Origo studios in Hungary, it has been revealed. The man was working on the set of the upcoming Blade Runner sequel.
"The worker was underneath a platform, upon which the set was constructed, when it suddenly collapsed," a statement said. "The cause of the accident is not yet known.
"The film production, the untitled sequel to 'Blade Runner', was not shooting at Origo Studios at the time."
The incident took place on Thursday, 25 August. The identity of the 28-year-old Hungarian victim has not yet been revealed and a spokeswoman for the film studio said she was unable to disclose any further details.
The currently untitled Blade Runner sequel will see Harrison Ford reprise his role as Rick Deckard. Academy Award winner Jared Leto has also joined the star-studded cast which includes Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis and Ana de Armas.
Academy Award winner Jared Leto has also joined the star-studded cast which includes Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis and Ana de Armas.
Earlier this year, a court heard how Ford, 74, could have died on the set of the Millennium Falcon spaceship during the filming of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The Hollywood star was knocked to the ground and pinned down by a heavy hydraulic door while filming at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in 2014.
Ford suffered a broken leg during the incident and was airlifted to a hospital in Oxford. Describing the incident, Ford said: "The door came down and hit me on my left hip because I was turned to my right. And then it flung my left leg up and it dislocated my ankle and as it drove me down to the floor, my legs slapped on the ramp up to the Millennium Falcon and broke both bones in my left leg."
Ridley Scott, who directed the original 1982 cult classic movie, is producing the sequel. Meanwhile, Canadian Denis Villeneuve – the award-winning director of Sicario – occupies the director's chair.
The highly anticipated film is set to be released in October 2017.