ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 Touch, the newest version, is now ready to be installed on the international variant of Galaxy Nexus (I9250). This version of CWM recovery is compatible with Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) which comes with multi-user functionality.
CWM recovery is one of widely used custom recoveries that lets users install ROMs, MODs, hacks and tweaks and comes with system-oriented functions.
Those looking to install the CWM recovery 184.108.40.206 on their device may check this tutorial. IBTimes UK cautions users it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. This installation is only for the Galaxy Nexus (I9250) variant.
- Ensure the bootloader is unlocked
- Back-up important data
- Ensure at least 80 percent charge in device's battery
- Make sure ADB is installed
- Ensure USB drivers are installed
- Enable USB debugging (to do so browse to Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging)
Fastboot.zip [For Windows OS]
To install CWM Recovery 220.127.116.11 Touch on Galaxy Nexus:
- Download and extract the Fastboot.zip file, copy the same in the root of C drive in PC
- Turn the device off and boot into fastboot mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until the screen flashes)
- Connect the device to PC using USB cable. Windows will now install the drivers
- Open the command prompt as an Administrator and type the following commands
fastboot flash recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-maguro.img
- The device will now reboot
Congrats... you should now have CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124 installed on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
Note: Users who have already installed the older version of CWM recovery may download the flashable zip and flash the same on Galaxy Nexus.
[Information Courtesy: Android Jinn]