The international European version of Samsung Galaxy S5 running Snapdragon 801 processor (SM-G900F) has now received a new update with base firmware G900FXXU1ANG9. Based on Android 4.4.2, the update is now rolling out to some regions in Europe and is expected to hit other regions soon.
The G900FXXU1ANG9 is an unbranded version of the firmware, so it should not have any pre-installed apps and extra language pack.
Model name: Samsung Galaxy S5
Country: South east Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: 25 July
Product code: SEE
Those who are staying outside the firmware supported regions and those who have failed to update using both the official methods may follow our guide below for a manual installation. The G900FXXU1ANG9 build can be installed on any unlocked SM-G900F unit.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the stock firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet the following requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then back up data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S5 should have above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- G900FXXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware works only with Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install G900FXXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 update on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy S5 and wait for some time until the device goes off completely
Step-4: Reboot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Press the Power button to confirm to enter Download Mode
Note: Ensure that you have installed all the Galaxy S5 drivers on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S5 to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try to re-install USB drivers or change the USB port on the computer.
Step-7: In Odin, click the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file which was extracted earlier
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes. Ensure that Re-Partition checkbox is not ticked
Step-9: Verify everything, and then click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. After the home screen appears, disconnect the phone from the computer
G900FXXU1ANG9 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware should now be running on the Galaxy S5. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new firmware version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]