Samsung has released a new stock firmware build G900HXXU1ANG3 based on Android 4.4.2 for the Exynos 5 octa-core powered Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H). The firmware is available for a number of Asian countries such as Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Kazakhstan.
The stock build should be available as OTA and Samsung Kies server in the firmware supported region. The G900HXXU1ANG3 build is an unbranded firmware and can be installed on any unlocked SM-G900H unit.
Model name: Galaxy S5
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 9 July
Product Code: XSE
Galaxy S5 users who failed to get the OTA update or, unable to access the firmware via Samsung Kies server for being region specific may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually using Odin flashing tool.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before flashing the stock firmware users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S5 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- G900HXXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install G900HXXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy S5 and wait for some time until the phone goes off completely
Step-4: Reboot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that you have installed Galaxy S5 USB Drivers installed on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odinas Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S5 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
The Galaxy S5 should now be having G900HXXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 latest build installed on it. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version.