Samsung has released official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the international version of Galaxy S Advance, with model number I9070, which was launched with Gingerbread software. The official release brings Samsung's new TouchWiz Nature user interface (UI) for the device. Followed by the first XXLPY Jelly Bean, the manufacturer has rolled out updates, addressing bug issues, for several other regions.
Good news for the Galaxy S Advance users is that recognised XDA developer, Shaaan has shared a root package allowing users to root their devices to access complete control over the device. The developer claims that the key feature of the package is that it does not increase binary counter and the process does not require kernel changing.
Galaxy S Advance users, who are looking to root their devices running on Android 4.1.2, may follow our step-by-step instructions guide below. The tutorial below will install stock recovery and root the phone.
IBtimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before proceeding users are advised to verify the model number of their handsets since the root package works only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070, not with any other variants.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Advance on the computer.
2) Ensure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled. This will allow users to connect the phone with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the data of the phone. If the device is having a custom recovery installed, then backup the same.
4) Verify that the battery of Galaxy S Advance should have above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) Rooting the device will void manufacturer's warranty.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
1) Download rooting package for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer
2) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with computer
3) Now transfer the downloaded root zip file to the external SD card of the phone
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off
5) Place the phone into Recovery Mode by switching it on while pressing and holding Volume Down, Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) Scroll down to 'Install update from external SD card,' press the Power button to select it. Now select 'Choose zip from SD card' using the Power button again
7) Using the volume keys, navigate to the root zip file which is copied to the SD card. Select it by pressing the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation procedure should start now
8) Once the installation process is completed, reboot the phone by selecting 'reboot system now' from the recovery menu. The device will take about five minutes to boot for the first time
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 running on official Android 4.1.2 software is now rooted successfully. Search for an app called SuperSU from the app list. In order to ensure the aforementioned method is installed correctly and is working properly, verify with the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
[Source: Team Android]