Remember the Mute or, Silent Mode in Android Lollipop? It's now back for Galaxy S5 users. This important feature was missing in Google's Android Lollipop update. But Samsung managed to add this mode in its TouchWiz user interface with the Android 5.01 update that recently rolled out for Galaxy Note Edge.
Now Samsung has released a new stock Android Lollipop firmware based on version 5.0 for the international European Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) powered with quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, which brings the Mute mode.
Based on build G900FXXU1BOB7 and base firmware LRX21T, the update is currently live for Galaxy S5 users in the UK. It is expected to hit all unlocked G900F models in other countries across Europe soon.
If you also own an unlocked SIM-free G900F unit purchased in the UK, check for the update manually from Settings>> About phone>> Software update.
In case you failed to get the OTA notification you can always manually update your Galaxy S5 to G900FXXU1BOB7 using our installation guide.
- Model: SM-G900F
- Model name: Galaxy S5
- Country: United Kingdom
- Version; Android 5.0
- Changelist: 77433514
- Build date: 13 February
- Product code: BTU
- PDA: G900FXXU1BOB7
- CSC: G900FOXA1BOB7
- MODEM: G900FXXU1BOB7
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy Note on the computer.
- Create a backup of all the data of the phone using any custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Your Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
- You should have an unlocked Galaxy Note variant.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- Your Galaxy S4 will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- The stock Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware is compatible with Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. Installing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of your Galaxy S5 before flashing the firmware.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop G900FXXU1BOB7 stock firmware on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Switch off your Galaxy S5
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together for a few seconds. Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step-5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select 'Run as Administrator' from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect your Galaxy S5 to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click the AP tab and select the Android Lollipop firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin, but Re-Partition checkbox should be unchecked
Step-9: Double check everything and hit the Start button in Odin
Step-10: The installation should start now. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. You may now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Head over to Settings>> About phone to check the new Android Lollipop software build on your Galaxy S5.