The highly expected hardware technical products of the year viz Google's Nexus 6 smartphone and the Nexus 9 tablet which were officially unveiled last week, have now reached the world's major technology hub, India.
Both of Google's latest offerings are slated to be made official in retail stores across India very shortly.
According to a report published in The Hindu that in turn quotes a Press Trust of India (PTI) report, Google will officially release the Nexus 6 smartphone and the Nexus 9 tablet in India, as early as November, along with releasing the flagship devices in various other countries of the world including the US and certain European countries.
Also, the worldwide release of both Google Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 are expected to happen in November itself, according to the latest PTI report.
In fact, both the 16GB and 32GB variants of Nexus 9 tablet have already been listed on Google Play India, and the price of the device as per this listing is Rs 28,990 (£293, $471.8) and Rs 49,990 (£455, $732) respectively.
If you are a 'potential buyer' of Nexus 9, then you have plenty to cheer about, as the 32 GB tablet variant listed on Google Play is indicated as LTE-compliant, which means that you can look forward to superior 4G-LTE connectivity, after you purchase the tablet.
Key hardware aspects of Google's Nexus 6 smartphone and Nexus 9 tablet:
Google Nexus 9 tablet
- 8.9in IPS LC capacitive touchscreen display enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 aka Android L 'Lollipop' operating system out of the box
- Nvidia Tegra K1 chipset built within
- 2 GB RAM
- 16/32GB fixed internal storage
- 8 MP rear autofocus rear camera with LED flash
- 1.6MP front camera
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity options
- Fixed 6,700 mAh Li-Polymer battery, with unknown talktime and standby time
Google's Nexus 6 smartphone
Google's Nexus 6 is manufactured by Motorola, and the high-end smartphone incorporates the following key hardware aspects:
- 5.96in capacitive AMOLED display, enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 'Lollipop' operating system; straight out of the box
- 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 13MP rear camera with dual-LED flash
- 2MP front snapper
- 32/64GB fixed internal storage
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 3220 mAh non-removable Lithium-Polymer battery that is claimed to offer talktime of up to 24 hours, along with a claimed standby time of 330 hours.
The 5.96in screen offered by Nexus 6 could get some people thinking about the 'awkward' nature of the smartphone which has to be held across the ear, while making/receiving calls.