Hanukkah, the Jewish festival of lights, has kick started all over the world with the lighting of the candle in the menorah on December 6. The Jewish holiday, also known as Chanukah, is celebrated for eight days. It begins on the 25th day of Kislev - the ninth month of the ecclesiastical year on the Hebrew calendar.
On the occasion, IBTimes UK brings you top eight quotes to share for Hanukkah 2015.
- "Chanukah is about the spark of the divine in all of us made in God's image." - Suzanne Fields
- "The miracle, of course, was not that the oil for the sacred light - in a little cruse - lasted as long as they say; but that the courage of the Maccabees lasted to this day: let that nourish my flickering spirit." - Charles Reznikoff
- "Still ours the dance, the feast, the glorious Psalm, The mystic lights of emblem, and the Word." - Emma Lazarus
- "A candle is a small thing. But one candle can light another. And see how its own light increases, as a candle gives its flame to the other. You are such a light. - Moshe Davis
- "The darkness of the whole world cannot swallow the glowing of a candle."- Robert Altinger
- "Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart." - Hannah Senesh
- "Put on your yarmulke, Here comes Hanukkah! So much funukah, To celebrate Hanukkah! Hanukkah is the festival of lights. Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights." - Adam Sandler
- "Most Texans think Hanukkah is some sort of duck call." - Richard Lewis