Samsung has begun Android Nougat update for the Galaxy Note 5 starting with users in Turkey. The firmware with build N920CXXU3CQC7 weighs in around 1.3GB.
The update, which is available as over-the-air update, should hit other markets in the coming weeks. But if you cannot wait for the OTA and want to get the update as soon as possible, then you may try to install the update manually.
There are a two ways to install the software update on the Note 5: one is directly from mobile and the other is using Smart Switch on the PC. Otherwise, you may consider using Odin tool to install the update on Note 5 manually.
The guide below is the Odin method to install the new Nougat update on the Note 5. But before you go ahead, do not forget to create a backup of important data of your phone. Also, ensure that the battery of the phone is charged properly in order to avoid unusual shutdown during the installation process. Do not forget to enable the USB debugging mode.
How to install Android Nougat on Galaxy Note 5
- Download Android Nougat update from the download link shared by the members at XDA forum. Then extract it using the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
- Download and extract the Odin zip
- Switch off the Note 5 and enter Download Mode by pressing and holding the Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
- Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number
- In Odin, click AP/PDA button and select the firmware file extracted earlier
- Enable auto reboot and f.reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure that the re-partition checkbox is unticked
- Finally, hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation. This process will take a few minutes. When the installation is complete, you will see a Pass message in Odin and the phone will restart automatically. You may now unplug the USB cable from the phone
To check the new Nougat firmware on your Note 5, just head over to Settings>> About phone.