The latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM, which is based on various popular Android custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, SlimROMs and Omni, is now available for the Nexus 4. The mixture of all these custom firmwares brings performance, customisations, power and a lot of new customisations for the device.
Additionally, a number of features in the previous version have been tweaked with mods and are now present in the current build. Check out the main features and changelog for Resurrection Remix ROM.
Resurrection Remix ROM features
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Performance Profiles
- Ambient Display
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customisation + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all CM12 features
Resurrection Remix ROM changelog
- Resurrection Remix Lollipop 5.0.2 - v5.3.1
- Switch to Resurrection style light material theme
- Make RR tools icons themeable
- Remove italic fonts from settings
- Power menu: add sound toggle
- Keyguard: Create lockscreen weather
- Settings: check if ime switcher pref was removed previously
- Privacy guard: option to disable notification
- Fix NPE in HighTouchSensivity
- Settings: Show SAR on Regulatory Info (from CM11)
- Delay Explicit GC from the SystemServer
- SystemUI: Remove redundant and broken setText on temperature view.
- Camera2 legacy: retry EGL config without EGL_RECORDABLE_ANDROID
- Fix nav button ripple getting stuck (Update)
- Phone: Sprint MWI Quirk: Phantom message wait indicator workaround
- G3 - fix WIFI cannot connect issue
- Hammerhead: Enable performance processor settings
- Bug fix and source updates from Cyanogenmod
If you want to update your Nexus 4 to Resurrection Remix ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, check out the following installation guide.
Points to remember
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using any custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- Your Nexus 4 should have above 80% of battery charge.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed.
- The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- The Resurrection Remix ROM works only with Nexus 4 mako. Applying these on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware accordingly.
- Since the custom firmware is in the development stage, bugs are highly likely, but these are expected to be fixed in due course of development.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Installation will be completely at your risk.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Nexus 4 with Resurrection Remix ROM
Step-1: Connect the Nexus 4 to the computer using USB cable. Move the downloaded files to the internal storage of the phone and remember the location. Do not unzip the files
Step-2: Switch off the Nexus 4 and unplug the USB cable from it
Step-3: Boot your Nexus 4 into Bootloader mode. For this, turn the phone on while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together
Step-4: Follow the on-screen instructions, select Bootloader and then go to Recovery
Note: Use Volume buttons to scroll down between options in recovery mode and Power button to select any particular option.
Step-5: In recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current phone set up, which can be restored later if the new ROM does not work. For this select Backup and Restore>> select Backup again
Step-6: Perform data wipe. Head over to wipe data/factory reset
Step-7: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume buttons navigate to the Resurrection Remix ROM, select it and confirm installation
Step-8: Once you have flashed the ROM, follow the similar steps to install Gapps package
Step-9: Finally reboot your Android device. Wait for some time, the first boot might take a few minutes, until then do not press any button on the device
Your Nexus 4 should be running the latest Resurrection Remix ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update.