HTC Explorer receives Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) custom ROM, which is reported to be stable alongside plenty of new features. The Explorer users will now be able to download the aforementioned ROM and install as well. However, IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage caused to the device during the update process.
This ROM comes with the preinstalled Superuser and Busybox. Users should note this is not an official software update, but a third-party custom ROM.
Check out the method to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP ROM on HTC Explorer:
- Enable USB debugging option
- Make a backup of all data
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in the device
To install Android 4.2.1 AOKP ROM on HTC Explorer:
- Download Android 4.2.1 AOKP ROM and Google Apps on PC
- Connect and mount the device on computer using the USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card
- Turn the tablet off
- The device should enter Bootloader mode. Turn the device on while pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons
- Follow the onscreen instructions and choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CMW recovery, perform data wipe. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM file. Confirm the installation and the installation process should begin now
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
The HTC Explorer should now have Android 4.1.2 AOKP ROM installed. To verify, go to Settings > About phone.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]