Apple recently rolled out a spate of beta iterations for iOS 7.1 as part of its maintenance and bug-fix update for iOS 7. The three beta updates introduced so far feature a few minor UI tweaks along with regular performance improvements and bug-fixes.
With the release of iOS 7.1 Beta 3, Apple is geared up to introduce a handful of new features along with several important bug-fixes. The new build of iOS 7.1 is currently accessible only to testing partners and is yet to be released for developer evaluation.
The public release of iOS 7.1 has been pushed back to March 2014 and hence the evad3rs are likely to release their final public release jailbreak around this time.
It is a known fact that Beta iterations of iOS software are buggy and error-prone. Hence, those who prefer to downgrade their iOS devices to more stable builds of iOS 7.0.4 or lower and preserve their existing jailbreak tweaks and apps can follow our step-by-step guide below.
iOS 7.0.4 Download Links:
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- iPhone: iPhone 5/5s/5c and iPhone 4/4S (GSM, CDMA)
- iPad: iPad Air (Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi and 3G), iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and
- iPod touch 5G
- Download iOS 7.0.4 IPSW for iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 4/4S, iPad and iPod Touch 5.
- Install latest version of iTunes (v11.1.3) on your PC or Mac.
- A lightning cable for iPhone 5/5s/5c and iPod touch 5 or a 30-pin connector for iPad, iPhone 4/4S is required for this downgrade.
Steps to Downgrade any iOS 7.1 Beta to iOS 7.0.4 or Lower via iTunes
- Download the correct iOS 7.0.4 IPSW firmware for your device from the given links above.
- Connect your iDevice (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) to computer and launch iTunes
- Boot the device into DFU mode. To do so, hold Power and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds, then release Power while still holding Home button until the confirmation message: "iPhone in Recovery Mode," appears in iTunes.
- Now, hold SHIFT key (Windows) or Alt/Option key (Mac) and then hit Restore button in iTunes at the same time.
- Browse and select the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW file which you downloaded earlier and let iTunes complete the downgrade process.
For further assistance, check out the video below (courtesy of iDoctorApple):
Your iOS device is now successfully downgraded from iOS 7.1 beta to more stable build of iOS 7.0.4. Users should note that installing beta versions of iOS 7 could hinder or kill any chances of a future successful jailbreak and hence beta updates should be avoided at any cost.
The evad3rs are yet to release a stable build of the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak. However, interested users can try out the early release of evasi0n7 jailbreak for iOS 7, using our step-by-step guide posted here.
[Source: Download iOS 7]