Police in Manchester have released shocking photos of a 77-year-old man who was attacked in his own home before being robbed of items including a valuable Bvlgari bracelet. Pensioner Alfiero Cetamore was beaten in his flat on Ashill Walk at around 4.40pm on Saturday (27 February).

Unbeknown to Cetamore, he let his attacker into the flats through the communal door. Once inside, the offender assaulted him and left him injured on the floor as he ransacked the flat. The bloodied victim suffered three broken ribs, two lost teeth and a bruised lung in the assault.

The assailant stole his mobile phone, wallet, car keys, three gold rings and a white and yellow gold Bvlgari bracelet inlaid with 12 diamonds. While the value of the bracelet has not been revealed, high-end Bvlgari bracelets sell for almost £60,000.

After stripping the flat bare of items of value, the offender then drove off in his Toyota Corolla, which was later discovered crashed into a wall on Caythorpe Street in Moss Side.

A 25-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of robbery and remains in police custody for questioning. Detective Sergeant Mark Astbury said: "This poor man was found by a neighbour badly beaten and only semi-conscious in his flat, having suffered terribly at the hands of this offender.

"As you can see from the pictures Alfiero was beaten viciously before being robbed and it is perhaps fortunate that he did not suffer a more serious head injury, such was the brutality of the assault. He was taken to Salford Royal, where he was found to have three broken ribs, two lost teeth and a bruised lung.

"The car was found abandoned in Moss Side, 20 minutes after it had been stolen, and two men were seen to flee the car after the collision."

UPDATE - Two men - aged 21 and 20 - were arrested on suspicion of the theft or a motor vehicle after officers executed a warrant at an address in Moss Side on Wednesday (2 March).They remain in police custody for questioning. A 29-year-old man was also arrested earlier in the week on suspicion of robbery and was subsequently bailed until 2 April.