Here's good news for users of Microsoft's latest exclusively branded Lumia 535 mid-range smartphone. The Redmond-based company has begun rolling out the Lumia Denim update that brings along Cortana and other enhancements.
According to Microsoft, Lumia Denim will be available for users of both Lumia 535 single-SIM (RM-1089) and dual-SIM (RM-1090, RM-1092) variants, in multiple regions of the world beginning with Europe, Asia Pacific and South Africa.
However, Lumia 535 users across the globe can use Microsoft's official Denim update tracker to check for software availability.
What Lumia 535 users can expect with Lumia Denim?
- Cortana – Perhaps the most awaited software enhancement of the year, Microsoft's personal digital assistant (PDA), is available with Lumia Denim in more regions of the world
- Action centre can now be used to switch mobile data connection on or off
- Software updates can be scheduled to be installed at a later time
- Touchscreen betterment
- Conventional stability and performance enhancements
Key details about Microsoft's Lumia 535:
- Lumia 535 is the first non-Nokia, and first ever Microsoft Lumia smartphone
- Lumia 535 comes with Microsoft's Lumia Denim update over its Windows Phone 8.1 operating platform
- Lumia 535 is targeted primarily at the budget smartphones segment, and the handset is priced at less than £90 in the United Kingdom (Rs 9,199 in India and $147 in the United States of America)
- The smartphone features a 5MP front camera, along with an identical 5MP rear camera. The device's 5MP camera could prove to be a hit among the selfie generation.
- Lumia 535 offers a built-in internal storage of 8GB which can be expanded up to 128GB via external MicroSD card
In summary, do check out for Lumia Denim, as the update could prove to be a multi-notch functionality enhancer for your devices.