The second Sunday of May is celebrated as Mother's Day in the US and many other countries around the world. The United Kingdom, however, celebrates the day on the fourth Sunday in Lent, which is also known as the Mothering Sunday.
Mother's Day celebrations started in the early years of the 20th century following Anna Jarvis's efforts to honour the love and sacrifice made by every mother to raise her family. The special day is celebrated by people around the world to say "thank you" to their mothers by gifting them flowers, sending cards and even making their day special by arranging a beautiful date especially with them.
But those special gestures can always do with some special quotes and messages to make them extra-special. Keeping this in mind, IBTimes UK has compiled a list of quotes and messages to share with your mother.
1. Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. — Stevie Wonder
2. God could not be everywhere, and therefore, he made mothers. — Jewish proverb
3. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. — Abraham Lincoln
4. Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. —Robert Browning
5. Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of little children. —William Makepeace Thackeray
6. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.
— Mildred Vermont
7. The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
— Honore De Balzac
8. There is nothing in the world of art like the songs mother used to sing. — Billy Sunday
9. For when a child is born the mother also is born again. — Gilbert Parker
10. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. — Sophia Loren
Top 5 messages via imothersnet:
1. You are the only hope, which is never going to get lost! You are the only person who will understand me more than myself! Happy Mother's Day Wishes!
2. I never get worried, I never feel disappointed. I never feel ignored. Coz I know you are here for me always! Lots of love on Mother's Day to my dearest mom!
3. You extended your cozy support in spite of being miles away! I knew you understood me when you were silent. Whatever you did was just for my well being and happiness! Thank you for being a beautiful mother! Happy Mother's Day wishes to you!
4. You loved me dearly through all these years; with my shortcomings, with my broken promises, with all my wrong doings. I adore you for being a special mom! Happy Mother's Day Greetings with lots of love!
5. Though I can never repay you for your love and care, I can't miss expressing my gratitude, love and reverence on this beautiful day of the year! Special Mother's Day greetings to my special mom!