Nokia's first exclusively branded Android tablet the Nokia N1, has now expanded beyond China, and could be launched in some other countries shortly.
As per the PhoneArena report, Nokia's N1 slate will be accorded a price tag of roughly $260 (£169), and the slate is highly expected to be released in some other countries as well.
In China, the tablet was sold via online flash sales that apparently witnessed increased buyer interaction and a record sell-out as well.
To purchase the slate in China, people would need to register online.
Key hardware aspects of the Nokia N1 tablet:
- 7.9in display, having resolutions of 2048x1536; enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating system straight out of the box
- Nokia Z launcher
- 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 processor
- 8MP primary camera
- 5MP secondary camera
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 5,300 mAh Li-Ion battery
Nokia HERE maps updated to support 64-bit smartphones:
Nokia has updated its Here Maps for Android smartphones, and the updated version supports 64-bit smartphones. HERE is available for download in the form of a 38MB file, via the Google Play store.