Simon and Lauren
Simon Cowell and Lauren Silverman attend the ITV Gala at London Palladium in November  C. Wilson/Getty Images

Pop mogul Simon Cowell has been burgled at his London home whilst he and his family slept inside. The X Factor judge is said to have been "traumatised" by the incident which took place inside his Holland Park home in the early hours of Friday, 4 December.

The burglars managed to steal cash and jewellery whilst Cowell, his girlfriend Lauren Silverman, and son Eric were sleeping in the £35m home at around 2am. It is understood that police were called to the address by a security guard, but no one has been arrested yet.

A number of police cars were spotted outside Cowell's home after the raid, with forensics officers analysing the scene, including taking swabs and assessing CCTV from the building. According to the Daily Mirror Simon was "traumatised" by the incident at his home.

They said: "It was clearly a very traumatic incident. Simon is just relieved that his family was safe and all right. Their safety is his number one priority."

Cowell's House
Simon Cowell's house in Holland Park, London Google Maps

Cowell, who is estimated to be worth more than £300m due to his Syco Entertainment company, attended rehearsals for Saturday's X Factor semi-final on Friday. The semi-final will see Lauren Murray, Louisa Johnson, Reggie 'N' Bollie and Che Chesterman lock horns for a place in the final of the competition.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Police were called to an address in W14 on Friday, 4 December at approximately 02:20hrs to reports of a burglary in progress. Officers attended the scene but the suspects had left the area."

Cowell has been burgled before. In March 2012, Leanne Zaloumis broke in and hid on a shelf inside a wardrobe in the property. She had smashed the window with a brick, cutting her hand, as Cowell was watching TV.

She allegedly told officers after her arrest: "Simon knows me. I didn't break in, I was already in the house".

Zaloumis, then 30, of Brownhill Road, Catford, was handed a 12-month community order and spent 102 days in custody wearing an electronic tag.