Dussehra or Vijay Dashami marks the 10th day of the popular Indian festival celebrated in the month of Ashwin – according to the Hindu calendar – which falls between September and October. Over time, the celebration on the final day of the festivity has become symbolic for the victory of good over evil.
The traditions associated with the celebration of Dussehra are deep-rooted in Hindu mythology. It is believed that Lord Rama killed the 10-headed Ravana on this day to free his wife Sita from the demon's captivity.
The festival also celebrates Goddess Durga beheading the buffalo demon Mahishasura and saving the world from his wrath.
As Hindus around the world prepare to celebrate Vijay Dashami on the 11 October this year, IBTimes UK has compiled a list of popular quotes to spread the message of righteousness.
1. "Let us start a great life by conquering our external evils."
2. "Troubles as light as air, love as deep as ocean, friends as solid as diamonds, and success as bright as gold – these are the wishes for you and your family on the day of Dussehra!"
3. "A time for celebration, a time for victory of good over bad, a time when world see the example of power of good. Let us continue the same true spirit. Blessing of Dussehra."
4. "Dusshera signifies the victory of good over evil. May all the evils in and around you vanish by the virtue of the goodness in and around you. Happy Dussehra!"
5. "Everyday sun rise to give us a message that darkness will always be beaten by light. Let us follow the same natural rule and enjoy the festival of good defeats evil. Happy Dussehra!"
6. "May your troubles burst away like the fireworks and your happiness be multiplied by ten times. Happy Dussehra!"
7. "Health, wealth, good tidings and togetherness of your dear ones. May Dussehra bring you all these and more!"
8. "The fear of death does not plague those who are steadfast in truth and righteousness." – Ramayana
9. "An auspicious day to start with any good work... It was today that good won victory over bad. May this day clear all hurdles of your life And start a new era of well-being. Happy Vijay Dashami!"
10. "Before the golden sun rises, let me decorate each of the rays with success & happiness for you and your family. Happy Dussehra."