Samsung has rolled out XXBMA2 Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) official firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020) variant. The update can be accessed through Samsung Kies software or OTA notification. Those who missed out the firmware can now update their devices through manual installation using Odin tool. IBTimes UK reminds users to proceed at their own risk and reiterates we will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the update process.
Check the tutorial below to install the Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE variant.
Regions: United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain
To install XXBMA2 Android 4.1.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
- Download Android 4.1.2 N8020XXBMA2 and Odin 3.07 to computer. Extract contents of both files
- Switch off the device and enter Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung Galaxy logo appears)
- Connect device to the PC using a USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by one of the ID:COM boxes turning yellow with the COM port number)
- Flash these files, in the order mentioned (these will be obtained from the zip files downloaded earlier)
- Click PDA and choose file named Code
- Click Phone and choose file named Modem
- Click CSC and choose file named CSC
- Click and choose file ending .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Click Start in Odin to begin Installation
- After installation, a Pass message appears and the device will reboot automatically
- Unplug device after Home screen appears
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020) model should now have Android 4.1.2 N8020XXBMA2 build installed; to verify the device's build number, browse to Settings > About tablet.
[Source: Android Jinn]