A firmware update - Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 - for the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software has been released, for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, according to Team Android. The update is available via Samsung Kies.
Samsung has yet to announce an Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update for its Galaxy tablets. The company is planning, however, to upgrade the Galaxy S2 and S3 smartphones. For now, therefore, Tab 2 7.0 owners can update their tablets by following below instructions.
IBTimes UK advises users to back up all important data, documents and settings. This update is only compatible with Tab 2 7.0 (model number P3110). Ensure proper drivers are installed and there is a full battery charge for the device.
Steps to Install Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Download Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 and extract file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn off the Galaxy Tab and put it into Download Mode (to do so simultaneously press Volume Up and Power buttons until a warning message appears and then press the Power button to enter into Download Mode)
- Open Odin and connect Galaxy Tab to the computer while it is in Download Mode
- Once inside Odin, select files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA tab and select file named Modem
- Click on Tablet tab and select file named CSC
- Click on PIT tab and select pit file (ignore this step if you have not found any file in the downloaded zip)
- Star firmware installation. This will take a few minutes and device will reboot when completed
Congratulations... the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) is now running the Android 4.0.4 XXBLH1 firmware.