Sony has recently confirmed the availability of Android 4.4.4 software update for its Xperia Z series devices.
Sony took Twitter to confirm the roll-out of Android 4.4.4 for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. The update adds several fixes and improvements for battery, Wi-Fi and email.
Meanwhile, the company has updated the software page for the Xperia Z and Xperia ZL, according to which the Android 4.4.4 brings firmware build 10.5.1.A.0.283.
- Android version: Google Android 4.4 (Kitkat).
- Latest available software: 10.5.1.A.0.283.
- Release started: 9 September, 2014.
- Upgrade to Android 4.4.4
- Better battery performance in some background applications.
- Email stability and performance enhanced.
- General improvements to MMS, Calendar, Wi-Fi, Contacts, and more.
- All of our latest bug fixes and enhancements.
To check the availability of the update head over to Settings>> About phone>> Software updates>> System updates.
Users are recommended to have a stable Wi-Fi connection to download and install the update.
Several members at XDA forum have shared the FTF links for the stock firmware. Those who have not received the notification yet, can install the FTF file using the Sony Flashtool. Below are the FTF download links.
FTF download links
or, Source thread