The Paranoid Android ROM based on Jelly Bean has been ported on Sony Xperia Arc. Recently, HTC Desire users had an opportunity to get the flavour of Jelly Bean with the help of Paranoid Android ROM. This time dhk.- a senior member on xda-developers forum, claims that it is the first and only Android ROM to feature a true Hybrid mode. The ROM will reportedly allow users to scale apps, widget and system components individually.
"You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode," claims developer on forum. "Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone," adds developer.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install the Paranoid Android ROM on Sony Xperia Arc. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Please keep in mind that the ROM as well as the instructions below are compatible only with the Sony Xperia Arc with model number LT15i. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device.
- You can check the model by heading to Settings > About phone.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps.IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Finally, ensure that your device has an unlocked bootloader.
How to install Paranoid Android ROM on Xperia Arc:
- Install ADB on your PC which is needed to flash the requisite Kernel on your phone [You can skip the step if ADB is already installed on your PC]
- Download latest version of ROM from XDA Developers' forum
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Copy both downloaded files from step 2 and 3 to the device's internal SD card
- Open downloaded zip file and extract the boot.img file
- Download fastboot, which is used to flash the boot.img file
- Extract fastboot.zip to C drive. You will find a folder named Fastboot which contains four files
- Copy boot.img to Fastboot folder
- Turn off the device and then connect it to PC in fastboot mode. To do so, plug the USB cable to PC and then hold Menu key on your phone. You will notice the LED will light up on the phone in order to indicate it is connected in fastboot mode
- Open command prompt on PC by heading into Start > All Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator
- Type the following commands in Command Prompt:
v cd c:Fastboot
v fastboot flash boot boot.img
- On flashing, you will see a finished/OKAY message in the command prompt window. Now, disconnect the phone from PC. The phone will automatically turn off
- Switch on the phone. Once the screen turns on you can see the Kernel logo. Once you notice a blue LED light turned on, start pressing the Back button until it boots into recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to scroll up or down and Home button to choose options
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to ROM file and select it. Choose "Yes" to confirm the installation. The ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard once again and then choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file
- After installing Gapps, choose go back and then select reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into Paranoid Android ROM
You have installed Paranoid Android ROM on your Xperia Arc
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]