,The CyanogenMod-based Android Open Source Bam (AOSB) ROM brings the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat features with Over-The-Air (OTA) updates support for Galaxy Nexus I9250. In addition, the ROM includes a host of customisation options, HALO mods and screen recording feature in a highly-stable release.
The AOSB ROM reportedly features several inherent system tweaks and optimisations for a fast and smooth UI experience. As the ROM is based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware, it brings tons of new features borrowed from AOKP, ChameleonOS, Omni and SlimKat ROMs for a unique Android experience.
Check out the complete list of new features ported into the Android 4.4.2 AOSB ROM below:
- AOSB Exclusive Feature: Custom SmoothProgressBar
- AOKP Navigation bar menu in settings for all devices now
- AOKP Animation Control
- ListView Animation
- Keyboard Animation
- Scrolling Animation
- AOKP Custom Navigation Ring
- AOKP Custom Navigation Bar
- ChameleonOS Gesture Anywhere
- ChameleonOS Screen Recording
- ChameleonOS Screen Recorder: add ability to record audio from mic
- TeloRadio (Connection Manager)
- Omni Audio Themes Settings
- OmniSwitch App
- Omni allow disabling call end sound
- Omni Audio : Stereo widening
- Omni Audio : Center frequency for Bass Boost
- AOSPAL LockScreen Notifications
- AOSPAL Lockscreen Blur
- Slim CRT animation: add scale down
- Slim IME options
- Slim DarkUI (system wide in black)
- Add Music Tile
- Flip to Mute/Reject Call
- Advanced BatteryBar
- Chainfire SU App
- User selectable camera click sound (disable camera sound)
- Quicktile row option:set 3,4,5 tiles per row
- Add Wifi name to notification drawer and option to enable/disable
- Frameworks: notification drawer background
- wide support for chinese language
- wide support for dutch language
- MediaScanner behavior on boot
- HALO MODS
- HALO: make windows move able and scale able
- Mobile Network Battery Saver Mode
- Advanced Battery Bar
- FB sync abbility to connect facebook contacts into contacts app
- App sidebar
- IME switcher notification
- Navigation bar with custom dimensions
- Screen video recording
- Configurable init.d
- Build PropModder
- Incoming calls dialog
- RAM bar with custom colors
- Builtin Xposed Framework
- Xposed : Per-App Layout
- Network usage stats
- ChameleonOS Active display (s-view alternative)
- AD: Display Time out
- AD: Turn Off Display
- AD: Threshold to proximity
- AD: Sort notifications by newest to oldest
- AD: HUGE Fixes
- mms: iOS features
- mms: Emoji and Smiley support
- advanced low battery indicator options
- Custom Carrier Label
- CyanogenMod 11 "Android 4.4.2 base" The highest degree of stability and performance , battery life
- Virtual surround sound
- App Privacy
- Privacy Guard more informations
- Change Device colors Like Dynamic , Standard , Cinama like Sammy rom
- Vibration Customization
- S Pen detecte/Pointer/Gesture
- S-PEN Notfications
- S-PEN QuickBar app
- LED Colors , you can change led color while charging for example
- LED Fading/Blinking
- LED Disable
- Privacy Guard
- Hardware keys remapping
- Lockscreen ring and notification shortcuts
- Power widget
- USB Mass Storage
- Clock settings
- Quiet Hours
- Power Sounds
- Gesture Lockscreen
Interested Galaxy Nexus I9250 users can go ahead and install the Android 4.4.2 AOSB custom ROM on their phones by following our step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The AOSB KitKat ROM and the instructions given in this guide are meant for the Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup.
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download Galaxy Nexus I9250 USB drivers).
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on the phone, by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (NOTE: Tap the phone's Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings.) Then select the checkbox to enable USB debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM.
- Ensure the device is unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and rooted with latest ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery (v184.108.40.206 or above) installed. Alternatively, install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly which includes CWM recovery v220.127.116.11.If you are installing the CWM recovery for the first time, check out the video tutorial below, courtesy of The Android Soul:
- If the device is stuck at booting or experiencing boot loop issues, perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSB ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
Step 1: Download Android 4.4.2 AOSB ROM for Galaxy Nexus I9250 to computer
Step 2: Download Google Apps package
Step 3: Connect the Galaxy Note 2 to computer via USB cable. Without extracting, copy the downloaded firmware zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of the phone's SD card.
Step 4: Power off the phone and wait for 5 to 10 seconds until the device shuts down completely.
Step 5: Now press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Powerbuttons together until the Galaxy Nexus logo appears on screen and then release all three buttons at the same time to boot into Recovery mode. NOTE: In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Powerkey to select the desired option.
Step 6: If installing AOSB ROM for first time then do steps a) and b) (else if upgrading from previous build, then skip to next step):
a) Perform Wipe data/Factory reset(this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress) and choose Yes on next screen to confirm the action.
b) Return to CWM recovery main menu and select Mounts and Storage> Format / dataand click Yes on next screen to confirm.
Step 7: From the main menu of CWM recovery, perform Wipe Cache partition. Then go to Advancedand choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then hit Yes on next screen to confirm.
NOTE: Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly before you proceed (use step 8). Once CM 10.2 Nightly is flashed, you will have access to CWM recovery v18.104.22.168 and then you can install/flash CyanogenMod 11 ROM (repeat step 8).
Step 8: Select Install Zip from sdcardand then click Choose zip from sdcard. Browse to the location of the AOSB custom ROM file which you copied earlier to your phone's SD card. Choose Yes on next screen to confirm the ROM installation.
Step 9: Repeat the previous step to install Google Apps as well.
Step 10: Once Google Apps is also installed, select "Go Back" and reboot the device by tapping reboot system now from the recovery menu. Your Galaxy Nexus will restart and it may take about 5 minutes for first boot. So, do not interrupt the process.
Your Galaxy Nexus I9250 is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat via AOSB ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
NOTE: If the device gets stuck at boot loop (while rebooting), then just do a factory reset from recovery mode to fix the issue.