R'n'b superstar Usher Raymond is reportedly preparing to walk down the aisle for the second time after getting engaged to long term girlfriend Grace Miguel.
According to Us Weekly, the OMG singer rang in the New Year by popping the question to the Island Def Jam executive, who is nine years his senior.
The couple, who have been dating since 2009, first sent tongues wagging at a Golden Globes after party last week when Miguel was spotted with a large diamond on her ring finger.
"She's happy but they're trying to keep it quiet," a source said of the private couple.
Usher was previously married to Tameka Foster, but they split just two years later. Their 2009 divorce sparked a bitter custody battle for their sons Usher Raymond V, now aged seven and Naviyd, six, that lasted three years.
Although there hasn't been an official engagement confirmation, the 36-year-old entertainer previously hinted that he was ready to take the plunge again.
"I've been even more excited about the idea of it," he told Angie Martinez in an interview on Extra in September. "It could be the fact that I've spent the last year at everybody's damn wedding, like I've become damn near the wedding singer, know what I mean?"
Weeks later he paid homage to his partner, describing Miguel as his greatest supporter during tough times.
"I have an incredible partner and manager. She has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and my career," he told Billboard magazine.
We get to know the soon-to-be Mrs Raymond a little better...
Grace Miguel facts
- She has wandered into cougar territory. At 45-year-old, she is nine years older than Usher.
- She started dating the singer in 2009 after his marriage to Tameka Raymond collapsed.
- Miguel is a music executive for Island Def Jam records.
- She has a teenage daughter who goes by the name Leaf.
- Miguel works alongside Usher for his New Look Foundation, which he founded in 1999 with his mother for the purpose of assisting disadvantaged youth.
- According to ushersnewlook.org, she is the "co-founder of Coup D'Etat, the management, branding and marketing force behind musical powerhouse, Usher Raymond IV."