Users of HTC One (M8) having subscribed to AT&T's wireless network service in the United States of America can check their smartphones for a new OTA software update that improves the smartphone's current Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating platform.
This new update is the Android 4.4.4 KitKat, applicable to HTC One (M8) OP6B120 handsets.
HTC One (M8) users should get to see the software update bearing version number 3.42.502.1. The update can also be searched for manually and downloaded as explained below.
Google's Android 4.4.4 KitKat, though not the latest, brings along with it a plethora of new features and enhancements like the following:
- HD Voice feature
- Enhancements to Bluetooth
- Introduces AMBS Cloud Messaging integration feature
- Adds Copy and Paste camera functionality
- Usage Manager Application
- AT&T Ready2Go feature updated
- Visual Voicemail feature updated
- Improvements to overall security and battery performance
The above announcement should bring smiles on the faces of HTC One (M8) users fretting about AT&T not rolling out the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS upgrade to their devices.
How to manually install Android 4.4.4 on AT&T carrier driven HTC One (M8) smartphones:
- Navigate to Settings
- Scroll to and select AT&T Software update
- Select Check for updates
- Follow the on-screen instructions to manually download and install the update
Verifying update build
- Drag down the notification bar, and then tap Settings
- Scroll to and tab About
- Select Software information
- Software version will be displayed
Prior to the latest OS update, HTC One (M8) was driven by the now legacy Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
Along with the Android 4.4.4, HTC is also reportedly seeding the more recent Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS upgrade to users in Malaysia.