If you own a Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom camera smartphone having subscribed to AT&T's wireless carrier service, then there is good news for you.
Samsung has officially announced the rollout of Google's Android 4.4.2 KitKat (version number: C105A_KKUCUBNI1), to its Galaxy S4 Zoom (bearing model number SM-C105A) users connected to AT&T's wireless network across the United States of America.
The above announcement should bring smiles on the faces of Galaxy S4 Zoom users fretting about AT&T not rolling out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS upgrade to their devices.
Until the latest Android KitKat rollout, the Galaxy S4 Zoom originally ran the now legacy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
The latest update will be available to your AT&T devices via the over-the-air (OTA) mechanism.
What's new in Android 4.4.2 KitKat update?
However, neither Samsung nor AT&T have released an official changelog of features, for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS update. But going by the conventional changelog (for non carrier-specific Galaxy S4 Zoom), the AT&T-driven Galaxy S4 Zoom should get the following new features:
- New shortcut for launching the camera, present on the lockscreen
- Revamped status bar
- Wireless printing capability
- Full-Screen album art
- Samsung's native apps enhancement
- Performance/stability enhancements
- "OK Google" voice command
Therefore, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 users are advised to install the latest KitKat upgrade, and let us know what new features were observed.
How to manually install Android 4.4.2 on AT&T carrier driven Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphones:
Before installing the OS update, the battery within your Galaxy S4 Zoom smartphones should be fully charged. Do not remove the battery during the update process.
- To initiate the update manually, connect to a Wi-Fi network
- From the Home screen, tap on Menu > Settings > More > About device > Software update > Check for updates
- Tap OK
- Your device will automatically start downloading the software update. Once complete, select Continue and the device will restart
How to verify update build?
- From the Home screen, tap Menu > Settings > More > About device
- The Build Number and Baseband version will show the software version on your smartphones
Do remember that the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom AT&T-driven devices has begun a gradual phased rollout, which means that it may take a while before all AT&T Galaxy S4 Zoom smartphones receive the OS upgrade.
AT&T's latest update comes on the heels of the carrier's Android 4.4.4 update for its Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphones, and Sprint's Android 4.4.4 KitKat update to the Samsung Galaxy S5 in the US.