The Android 5.0.1 Lollipop test binary has been leaked for Samsung's curved edge screen smartphone, Galaxy Note Edge.
An XDA member has shared the PIT, Bootloader, Modem, CSC and AP files from the test build for Galaxy Note Edge. The test build will work on N915F and on N915FY, which is the international European variant (will make your device recognizable as N915F). These files can be flashed using Odin tool on the Note Edge.
Senior XDA member, Beukhof1 has flashed this test firmware with build number N915FXXU1BOA2 and confirms the firmware is really smooth, without any issues. It does not trip the Knox counter as well. The member has built an Odin flashable zip file, which contains PIT, Bootloader, Modem, CSC and APfiles.
If you want to enjoy the N915FXXU1BOA2 build featuring Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy Note Edge, check out the following installation guide.
- Model name: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Model number: SM-N915F/SM-N915FY
- Build: XXU1BOA2
- Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Built date: 29 January
- The firmware does not trip Knox security feature.
- You can always downgrade back to Android 4.4.4
Points to remember
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy Note Edge using the downloaded links given below.
- Create a backup of all data of the phone using any custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Check the battery level of your Note Edge, which should be above 80%.
- Your Note Edge should be factory unlocked.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- It will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- Android 5.0.1 Lollipop N915FXXU1BOA2 works with Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F/SM-N915FY. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop XXU1BOA2 on Galaxy Note Edge N915F/N915FY
Step-1: First create a back up of the current phone set up. Perform a full wipe
Step-2: Download Android 5.0.1 Lollipop XXU1BOA2 firmware on your PC
Step-3: Download Odin 3.09
Step-4: Download and install Samsung Kies
Step-5: Reboot your PC
Step-6: Place your Galaxy Note Edge into Download Mode. For this first switch off the phone. Then hold Power, Volume Down and Home buttons together
Step-7: Launch Odin on the computer and run it as administrator. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as administrator from the dropdown menu
Step-8: In Odin select the files, which you have downloaded in step-2
- Click PIT tab and load TBLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit file
- Click BL tab and load BL_N915FXXU1BOA2.tar file
- Click AP button and load AP_N915FXXU1BOA2.tar file
- Click CP tab and load CP_N915FXXU1BOA2.tar file
- Click CSC tab and load HOME_CSC_OXE_ N915FXXU1BOA2.tar file
Check the following screenshot, your screen should be like this.
Step-9: Verify everything and finally hit the Start button in Odin
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically. Wait for the phone to reboot a couple of times. The first boot will take little longer than usual
Optional: If you want to gain root access on your Note Edge
Step-11: Flash CWM recovery using Odin
Step-12: Then flash SuperSU root package via CWM recovery
You might have to manually set your CPU min frequency to 300. Use SetCPU for Root User, available at Play Store.
Your Galaxy Note Edge should now be updated with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop beta firmware.