Owners of LG's G Pad 7.0, G Pad 8.0 and G Pad 10.1 can check out for the Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update which is expected to begin rolling out shortly.
According to an Android Central report, LG will begin seeding Android Lollipop to its G Pad 7.0, G Pad 8.0 and G Pad 10.1 tablets beginning from 12 April, and the OS upgrade will be available via OTA.
The Android Central report also states that users of the above LG tablets will be able to obtain Android Lollipop manually via the company's official download web portal, in addition to getting the software via OTA.
Hence, users of LG's mid-range tablets can check their devices for newer OTA notifications representing the Android Lollipop firmware update.
Earlier, users of LG's G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet were seeded with Android Lollipop.
New features brought along by Android Lollipop to users of LG G Pad 7.0, G Pad 8.0 and G Pad 10.1:
- Material Design UI: Perhaps the most important new feature, the Material Design user interface brings a new look and feel to Moto smartphones. This new look and feel enables better and more natural touch screen interaction and adds new colours, typography and edge-to-edge imagery features.
- New notification control: Users can view and even dismiss notifications on lockscreen without unlocking their smartphones. There are new 'Downtime' and 'Interruption' settings that let users control notifications.
- Multi-user modes: Another important feature of Android Lollipop is that it lets users create multiple accounts so as to share the device between multiple users without having to create customised settings each time.
- New Flashlight: The new flashlight can be activated by just swiping down with two fingers from the status bar. Settings for this particular feature can be viewed in the 'Quick Settings' sub section.
- Battery Saver: The battery settings panel now shows an estimated projection of the remaining time while discharging or charging. A new battery saver mode can also be enabled by users, to save power by reducing performance and certain background data functions to extend battery life considerably.
- Smart Lock: Android Lollipop adds native support for allowing trusted devices to keep your phone unlocked.