Apple has just rolled out a new bug-fix update for Macs with build number 13E28 for the public release of OS X 10.9.4 via Mac App Store. The new update fixes an issue that prevents Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks, besides improving the reliability of wake from sleep feature.
In addition, Safari is now updated to v7.0.5 with stability and performance improvements. The public release of OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 update succeeds four beta iterations wherein Apple began seeding its first beta in late May.
It is ascertained that OS X 10.9.4 could be the last version of Mavericks as Apple is firmly focusing its attention at developing and releasing OS X Yosemite some time in fall. Consequently, the future of Mavericks is likely to be constrained to security and stability updates.
Check out the complete changelog for OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 below:
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
For more details about the security content of this update, head over to Apple security updates knowledgebase document.
Interested users can go ahead and install the latest OS X 10.9.4 bug-fix update via Software Update feature on Macs.
Key Points to Remember
- Back up important data on your computer before you proceed. You can use Time Machine for this purpose.
- Do not interrupt the update installation process once you have started it.
- Please beware that third-party system software modifications and installations could lead to unexpected results on your Mac. It is advisable to uninstall and avoid any such installations before you continue with the update.
- Install any other updates available via Software Update as some updates need to be installed prior to others. It must be noted that the update's size may vary from computer to computer when installed via Software Update feature.
How to Install Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
- To install the latest OS X 10.9.4 bug-fix update go to Apple Menu > Software Update and check for the latest Apple software via Mac App Store. Once the available updates become visible, just click on install.
- Alternatively, you can also download the manual update installer, which is particularly helpful while updating multiple computers, but only want to download the update once to save time.