CyanogenMod 10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is available for LG Optimus GT540. Ever since Google released the Jelly Bean source code, developers seem to have got a chance to port the software to existing devices. Yes, this time developers have turned their attention to the LG Optimus GT540 that has been able to run on Android Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich until now. Thanks to the efforts of XDA Member DevSwift1, alpha build of CM10 will also be available on the LG Optimus GT540.
The developer claims that the ROM is highly experimental and very unstable. There are certain things that are functioning such as GSM, wi-fi, Bluetooth, SDcard, UMS and HW acceleration.
Below are steps to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus GT540, courtesy of The Android Soul.
Please note that using the method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the guide below is compatible only with LG Optimus carrying the model number GT-540, and it is not compatible with any other device. To check the model number of your device you can head into Settings > About phone.
The method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings without disturbing the SDcard. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on your device.
- Download ROM from official thread on xda-developers.
- Copy downloaded zip file to your device's SDcard.
- Switch off your device and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Home and Power buttons. To choose the options Volume keys can be used to scoll up and down.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset and select "Yes" to confirm
- After wiping process is completed, choose the install zip option from device's SDcard. The select choose zip from SDcard. It is necessary to scroll to ROM file that is placed on SDcard and select it.
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. Now, ROM begins installing.
- After installation, go back and select reboot system now and boot into CM10.
CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been installed on your LG Optimus GT-540.