OnePlus has started rolling out a new over-the-air update. The CyanogenMod 11S update, based on Android 4.4.4 with build version XNPH44S, includes a host of new fixes. It also resolves the SSLv3 Poodle security issue and the most noteworthy touchscreen issue. Here is a comprehensive list of changes bundled in the 44S CyanogenMod 11S build.
Fixed issues with memory causing screen artifacts
Fixed issues with random reboots and instability
Fixed issues with WiFi and modem crashes
Fixed issues with Filesystem
Fixed issues with "black bar"
Fixed issues with persist partition corruption
Fixed issues with AT&T VoLTE
As the OTA is rolling out slowly, all users might not get the notification at the moment. For those who have not received the update, a direct OTA download link is available, thanks to senior XDA member, dmarden. The member points out that the update includes a new modem.
Download link: CyanogenMod 11S XNPH44S
If you are looking for an installation method, follow the tutorial below to flash XNPH44S on your OnePlus One.
How to install XNPH44S OTA update on OnePlus One
Step-1: Download XNPH44S OTA update (using the above download link) on your PC
Note: If the device is having a custom recovery, copy the firmware zip file to the device, reboot it into recovery and flash the firmware file directly.
If the device has a stock recovery, then do the following,
Step-2: Reboot the phone and hold the Volume Down button while it is booting up. When the fastboot menu and the word Start appear on the screen, press the Volume Up button for a few times until the Recovery option is seen. Now, press the Power button to enter recovery mode
- You should see an Android with a red exclamation mark. Now, press the Volume Up and Power buttons together after which a menu should appear
- Select the second option which says, apply update adb
Step-3: Connect the OnePlus One to the computer using USB cable
- Ensure that you have the latest version of adb that supports the sideload command. Download the Android SDK to get the latest adb
- Keep the downloaded file on the computer and open a command prompt in the same directory as the zip file
- Now, type in the following command
adb sideload cm-bacon-ac1ccf7921-to-5fa8c79c0b-signed.zip
- The sidebar will go up to 100%. The device should have started installing the update
Step-4: Once the installation is completed, reboot the phone
Your OnePlus One should now be having new XNPH44S firmware.