Diwali, or Deepavali, is the biggest and the most colourful Hindu festival. Diwali means 'rows of lighted lamps'. It is also known as the festival of lights.
This year, the five-day festival falls on 11 November. Diwali is celebrated in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal, and by Hindu communities all over the world, including Britain.
During Diwali, Indians offer prayers to the goddess of wealth Lakshmi, seeking her blessings and a prosperous year ahead. People visit the homes of their friends and relatives, share sweets and burst crackers.
IBTimes UK brings you top Diwali messages to share with family and friends.
• This Diwali may you be blessed with good fortune, wealth, prosperity, and happiness. Happy Diwali 2015!
• Wish you success in your career and happiness for your family! Have A Wonderful Diwali and New Year!
• Harmony brings health. May joy and happiness surround you today and always! Let there be triumph in every way! Happy Diwali, with lots of love!
• Gulab jamuns, rasgullas, laddus, crackers and diyas, all are back here to announce the arrival of Diwali! So get ready to celebrate the festival of lights. Happy Diwali 2015!
• On Diwali, wishes for every joy and prosperity. Here's hoping that the beauty of this festival of lights brings a world of joy, happiness and contentment to you to last the whole year through. Happy Diwali!
• May you have all the joy your heart can hold, all the smiles a day can bring, all the blessings a life can unfold, May you get the world's best in everything. Wishing you happy Diwali 2015.
• With the gleam of diyas and the echo of the chants, may happiness and contentment fill your life. Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous Diwali!
• Let this Diwali burn all your bad times and bring you good times. Wishing you fun, frolic and endless celebration!! Happy Diwali to you!
• May the warmth and splendour that are a part of this auspicious occasion fill your life with happiness and cheer, and bring to you joy and prosperity for the whole year.
• Hope this festival of lights brings you every joy and happiness. May the lamps of joy illuminate your life and fill your days with the bright sparkles of peace and goodwill. Have a joyous Diwali and new year!