As Ramadan ends with the first sight of the new moon in a few days, Muslims around the world are gearing to celebrate Eid al-Fitr along with their family and friends. This year, the sighting of the new moon is expected on 5 July marking the end of the month-long fasting and self-cleansing through prayers and charity.
Apart from attending special prayers at mosques, Muslims from around the world would wear new clothes and visit relatives. Saudi Arabia has already announced that from Wednesday (6 July) three-day festivities of Eid-ul-Fitr would begin.
Eid al-Fitr celebrations began on 5 July in Russia, Turkey and a few other countries. See our gallery.
To commemorate the occasion, below are some quotes from the Quran and some English messages that can be shared to wish devotees an Eid Mubarak (Happy Eid).
Quotes from the Quran
1. "O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace [Islam]. Do not follow in the footsteps of Satan. He is an outright enemy to you." (Quran: 2, 208)
2. "He is the One God; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Almighty, most wise." (59:24)
3. "I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path [the truth]." (11:55-56)
4. "Whoever desires to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord." (Quran - 18:110)
5. "The taking of one innocent life is like taking all of mankind... and the saving of one life is like saving all of mankind." (Quran, 5:33)
Messages in English to share with friends:
1. In every shared smile and laughter; In every silent prayer answered; In every opportunity that comes your way - may Allah bless you immensely! "Eid Mubarak"
2. In every shared smile and laughter; In every silent prayer answered; In every opportunity that comes your way - may Allah bless you immensely! "Eid Mubarak"
3. May Allah flood your life with happiness on this occasion, your heart with love, your soul with spirtual, your mind with wisdom, wishing you a very Happy Eid.
4. May Allah bring you joy, happiness, peace and prosperity on this blessed occasion. Wishing you and your family on this happy occasion of Eid! Eid Mubarak!
5. May the magic of this Eid bring lots of happiness in your life and may you celebrate it with all your close friends & may it fill your heart with wonders. Eid Mubarak
6. Sending you warm wishes on Eid and wishing that it brings your way ever joys and happiness. Remember me in your prayers.